Saturday, November 6, 2010

my birth experience

My first birthing experience would be when I was 17 yrs old I was scared and nervous but I remember what my grandmother told me to not scream and act a fool because the more I did that the worse the pain was going to be.
My second birthing experience would be the birth of my son now this is a funny one. I went into labor around 6am so I went to the hospital. I was in labor until 4 something that evening. I felt like i had to push but the father of my child and the nurse informed me not too. Of course, when a baby is ready to come into the world they are ready but they insisted that I wait on the doctor to arrive. Ok we both showed them I gave one BIG PUSH and the nurse had to come catch him like a football because if she had not he would have hit the floor.
My last birthing experience was complicated because my daughter was a stubborn child. Out of all of them she gave me the most problems. I had to be on bed rest and not work while pregnant with her. but the day she was born she wanted to come into the world breech but luckily she turned around and like my son the doctor was no where to be found. And when the nurses knew it i had delivered her myself....
The country that I read about was Africa and how they have midwives and how they
  •  believe in honoring and embracing what is most valuable and personal about traditional midwifery and marrying it with the best of what modern technology can offer them.
  • No comments: